Lobsters are large marine crustaceans that live on the ocean floor. They dig into the sea floor to create burrows where they can rest and feed. They each have five pairs of legs, three of which feature sharp claws. The front pair of legs are typically the largest and feature the strongest and largest claws.
Many people only see lobsters in water cases at the supermarket. Perhaps you’ve also seen them a time or two on your dinner plate, but there’s a lot more to learn about lobsters. You can enjoy coloring them right now, but the adventure takes on more meaning if you know a bit about the animal you’re coloring.
Welcome to our collection of free LOBSTER coloring pages. Click the Lobster pictures or illustrations you like and you’ll be taken to the PDF download and/or print page. Every coloring page is a printable PDF and/or can be downloaded.
More Marine coloring collections: Starfish Coloring Pages | Shark Coloring Pages | Seahorse Coloring Pages | Fish Coloring Pages | Octopus Coloring Pages | Dolphin Coloring Pages | Seal Coloring Pages | Crab Coloring Pages | Mermaid Coloring Pages
What You Might Not Know About Lobsters
Lobsters may not look like the most interesting animals, but there are some fun facts that you might not know.
- Lobster is quite expensive in restaurants and supermarkets today, but it wasn’t always so pricey. Early American colonists fed lobster to their goats and pigs because it was considered low-quality food. Oh, how things have changed!
- Lobsters feed on crabs, clams, snails, and other small marine animals. They may even feed on one another when food is scarce.
- Lobsters are naturally yellow, green, and sometimes blue. They’re often seen as red marine animals, but that red color is established during the cooking process.
- Lobsters can go forward and in reverse with great skill and speed. In fact, they’re more likely to scoot along the ground backward than swim forward when they feel threatened.
- Lobsters go through a molting process, which means they shed their shells. Females are ready to mate right after molting.
- Female lobsters will carry their eggs until they hatch. They don’t hide them like many other animals.
The Fun of Lobster Coloring Pages
Printable lobster coloring sheets range from realistic images of the animal to animated pictures with bright smiles, big eyes, and fun body postures. You can find lobster pictures that make you want to smile and play with crayons while others work well as educational materials.
Why Kids Love Coloring Lobsters
Many kids enjoy coloring pictures of lobsters because they’re simple and unusual. Many kids have seen dogs, cats, lizards, and other animals. Many have never encountered a lobster in daily life, and that brings out their curiosity.
You can use lobster printable coloring sheets as educational tools or for pure coloring enjoyment. Encourage your kids to use the natural colors that represent lobsters in the wild. That allows them to play with blues, greens, and yellows in addition to deep reds.
Lobsters are Fun for Adults, Too
Adults enjoy coloring lobster pictures as well. You can use printable lobster coloring pages as family entertainment in the evening or on long weekends. Come up with fun stories about your lobsters to get your children wrapped up in creative thinking. It will make coloring lobsters even more fun.
Printable Lobster Coloring Pages for Education & Enjoyment
You can print lobster coloring sheets for your own enjoyment, but they also make excellent educational tools for kids learning about animals. Lobsters aren’t one of the animals most children learn about in school, so they’re a mystery to many young people. When you learn about them yourself, you can introduce them to your children through coloring adventures at home.
Even older adults who love coloring might enjoy learning more about lobsters. This is also an easy animal to color because you can do it in one solid color with little to no detail. Those with advanced coloring skills can practice shading and mixing colors to create the perfect shade of red for their lobster.
Lobster coloring pages are perfect for keeping children occupied while camping, cooking dinner, or just spending a leisurely afternoon at home. Print out a variety and mix them in with other animals to give your coloring fans a lot of pictures to choose from, bringing them to life one by one.