Often, parents cannot always control what piques the interest of their children, and, sometimes those interests can include something that freaks the parent out. At least that would be how I would react if my child took an interest in Snakes. But, never fear, if your child loves snakes of all shapes and sizes, there are plenty of fun snake coloring pages available to you.
Welcome to our collection of free SNAKE coloring pages. Click the Snake pictures or illustrations you like and you’ll be taken to the PDF download and/or print page. Every Snake coloring page is a printable PDF and/or can be downloaded.
Illustration of a snake on a branch.
A desert snake resting on a rock.
Small snake clinging on a branch.
Mama snake tending her all of her eggs with her body.
Cute smiling snake lifting a water lily on its head.
Cute snake wrapping its body on a branch.
A very long snake swimming underwater.
Cute snake clinging on a branch.
Two-headed snake moving through leaves.
Cute little snake with wobbly eyes.
Large snake moving through grass.
Illustration of a snake wearing a hat.
A rattlesnake on a desert.
Illustration of a snake showing its fangs.
Illustration of a snake sitting on top of a rock.
Illustration of a very large snake.
Small snake resting on a large rock surrounded by leaves.
A huge snake wrapping its body on a large branch.
Illustration of a newly hatched snake egg.
A snake wrapping its body on a branch.
Two large snakes showing some love to each other.
Illustration of a snake taller than grass.
Snake Coloring Book (Free Download & Printable PDF)
Get our free coloring book with 22 Snake coloring pages.
If you prefer individual coloring pages, see above.
Snake Coloring Pages for Toddlers
Smaller children may love snakes, but perhaps for coloring sheets, the hyper-realistic sheets or frightening pages of a snake strike may not be appropriate. Cartoonish and toddler-friendly sheets may be the most desirable.
Snake Coloring Pages for Older Kids
Older kids will probably be ok with cartoony snake coloring pages, but they probably will be just fine to color more of the realistic-looking snakes in action or striking. Coloring pages like these are fun and show lifelike details of those belly crawlers.
Snake Coloring Pages for Adults
Teenagers and adults looking for some fun snake coloring pages will want to find intricate and challenging sheets to color. There are loads of stunning coloring pages that are well suited for the detail and patience of adults. These sheets are complex and can provide hours of great fun.
Popular Types of Snakes
If you are a snake lover or parent of a child who loves snakes, then more than likely, there is a favorite type of snake. Here is a rundown of some of the most popular types of snakes to color.
- Cobras: Whether it is the King Cobra or one of the many smaller cobras, this iconic snake is well known for its hooded head. Cobra coloring sheets are widely available for those who are attracted to these iconic reptiles.
- The Anaconda: This snake weighs in as the ultimate heavyweight of snakes. The anaconda is the heaviest snake in the world. These giant water snakes have quite the fan base, and any snake fanatic will want to have some anaconda coloring sheets for their collection.
- Rattle Snakes: These well-known serpents are often characterized by the American West. The descriptive nature of their name points to the rattle on the snake’s tail. These snakes are kind enough to warn you that you are too close with their heart-stopping rattle.
- Coral Snakes: These snakes are distinct due to their unique coloring. These snakes are patterned with a series of red, black, and yellow rings around their bodies. The Coral Snake provides a fun template to color.
- Pythons: Pythons, like the anaconda, are massive restricting snakes. However, in the python family, there are some vibrant colored snakes. Those who want more color in their snake coloring could look for a Yellow Green Tree Python or an albino Burmese Python for more vivid colors.
- Boa Constrictors: The Boa Constrictor is another giant snake that has some color amongst its cousins. Look for a picture of the Emerald Tree Boa to add some green to your snake art.
Snakes in Popular Culture
There have been many memorable snakes across popular culture. Here is a list of some of the most popular:
- Nagini from Harry Potter: Many fans of the Harry Potter franchises will recognize this giant snake that is the favorite pet of Harry’s nemesis, Lord Voldemort.
- Kaa from The Jungle Book: Whether you are a fan of the book or the many film adaptations, Kaa is an iconic antagonist to young Mowgli. This is one giant snake you should not trust.
- The Anaconda from Anaconda: The titular antagonist has become another iconic monster in Hollywood in the movie Anaconda. In the film, this giant snake harasses a documentary crew as they travel along the Amazon River.
- Jörmungandr from Norse Mythology: This snake is said to be the world snake. It is so large that it is wrapped around the Earth. This monster of mythology is an integral part of the battle of Ragnorok.
- Basilisks: Whether it is the basilisk in Harry Potter: and the Chamber of Secrets, or one of the many other popular culture reincarnations, this mythological snake is considered to be one of the deadliest monsters that can kill with a look.