Welcome to our collection of free AUGUST coloring pages. Click the August pictures or illustrations you like and you’ll be taken to the PDF download and/or print page. Every August coloring page is a printable PDF and/or can be downloaded.
More Seasonal coloring collections: Reindeer Coloring Pages | Elf Coloring Pages | Snowman Coloring Pages | Ghost Coloring Pages | Halloween Coloring Pages| Christmas Coloring Pages | Candy Coloring Pages | Pumpkin Coloring Pages |
Fun Facts About August for Clever Kids
Hi friends! What’s Up?
You’ll like these fun and exciting facts about August. It’s the perfect month to get outdoors, go camping, and enjoy all that summer has to offer. Dig in and enjoy!
- August is the eighth month of the year and is seven months with 31 days.
- Many people believe that August came from Augustus Caesar, a Roman emperor, but this is not true. What’s the truth?
- August is also known as the month of the harvest.
- That’s when growers start to reap their crops and breathe a sigh of relief.
- The summer heat has turned the land into dry tinder material that quickly catches fire. So, farmers stay on guard for fires that might spark up at any moment.
- I think you’ve seen raging fires in some states in summer.
- In ancient Rome, August was when growers harvested most of their crops. Do you live near a farm?
- The name comes from the Latin “Augustus,” which means “majestic.”
- In some countries, such as India and South Africa, August is Agosto.
- Agosto is a month of festivities in many countries. They include a celebration of the independence of many African nations.
- The commemoration of the martyrdom of John Hunyadi on August 29 occurs in August.
- We also remember the victims killed by natural disasters.
- The month of August is known for celebrations worldwide to mark the end of a challenging year’s work.
- One of these celebrations is the festival of Raksha Bandhan, which falls on August 7 this year. It celebrates the relationship between brothers and sisters.
- A sister ties a Rakhi to her brother’s wrist and promises to protect him from all evils.
- August is a month to celebrate many different holidays.
- The month of August has a lot to offer and is a great time to enjoy various holidays.
- From Independence Day to Labor Day, there’s something for everyone.
- The United States has three vital days in history. It has National Aviation Day on the 19th, National Immunization Awareness Day on the 28th, and World Animal Day on the 4th.
- All of these events are important in their way. You should celebrate them with the same amount of excitement.
- The idea of celebrating holidays is to enjoy the sense of community and get together with friends and family. It’s also an excuse to cook, shop, dress up, and be festive.
- In a world where we see less and less of each other, holidays are a time to reconnect and take some time to celebrate.
- August is a month of competitive sport. The Summer Olympics take place in August and many other international sporting events.
- The World Cup, FIFA Women’s World Cup, U-17 Men’s World Cup, and other international games occur in the summer.
- The most popular sports in the world take place during the summer. Baseball, cricket, football, golf, hockey, rugby league, rugby union, and soccer are all played in the warmer months.
- August is a month of changes. It’s the middle of summer, but there are hints of fall in the air.
- The days are still hot, but the evenings cool down. It can be tough to decide what to wear each day.
- In the past, people used to get out of bed and find their clothes in a pile in their closet.
- People took longer to find their clothes a long time ago because it involved a lot of work to figure out what to wear every day.
- Now, with so many clothing retailers and so many options available, it can be tough to decide what to wear each day.