The greeting card industry is still going strong, but there’s something special about a homemade card. Fathers work hard all year, so why not honor them with something unique?
How To Make A Fathers Day Card
This card looks like a dress shirt and tie. It might seem complicated, but it's quite simple. You can make this adorable Father's Day card from things you probably already have on hand, and you don't have to be a master crafter.
- 1 Colored Paper
- 1 White Paper
- 3 Markers or Pens For Decorating
- 1 Pencil
- 1 Scissors
- 1 Ruler
- 1 Sheet Wrapping Paper
- 1 Stick Glue
- To create the card. Fold the paper in half to create a crease in the middle as a guide. Fold each side of the paper in half, bringing the edge to the crease in the middle of the page.
- Unfold. Get a piece of white paper that measures 21 cm x 15 cm. It should fit in the middle area created by the folds of the card.
- Use the white paper as a guide to cut a piece of colored paper that's the same width. Use a ruler to draw two triangles on the colored paper side by side. Leave a margin at the top above the triangles to create a tab.
- Cut on the lines to cut out the two triangles, leaving them attached by the top tab.
- Fold on the line.
- Fold a piece of wrapping paper in half. Use the ruler to draw a tie onto the back of the paper, leaving a margin at the top to create a tab.
- Cut the tie out following the lines. You should have two ties.
- Apply glue to the backside of one tie.
- Place the back sides of the ties together to create one double-sided tie.
- Fold the margin following the line.
- Add glue to the tab on the triangle piece. Glue it to the card. The triangles should be above the card.
- Add glue to the tab of the tie piece. Place it in the middle of the triangle piece, so the tie is between the triangles.
- Add glue to the middle area of the card, and place the white paper there. It should cover the glued tabs on the triangles and tie piece.
- Use colored pencils or markers to create your Father's Day message. In addition to Happy Father's Day, decorate with flowers, balloons, hearts, or anything you think Dad would like.
- Fold the card by bringing the outer edges in on the fold. Then fold down the triangles and tie.
- Add glue to the triangles so they will stay in place until the card is opened. You've created a Father's Day card that looks like a shirt and tie!
Young children may need some guidance with drawing lines and cutting. Older children should be able to complete the craft on their own.