The greeting card industry is still going strong, but there’s something special about a homemade card. Fathers work hard all year, so why not honor them with something unique?
How To Make A Fathers Day Card
- 1 Colored Paper
- 1 White Paper
- 3 Markers or Pens For Decorating
- 1 Pencil
- 1 Scissors
- 1 Ruler
- 1 Sheet Wrapping Paper
- 1 Stick Glue
- To create the card. Fold the paper in half to create a crease in the middle as a guide. Fold each side of the paper in half, bringing the edge to the crease in the middle of the page.
- Unfold. Get a piece of white paper that measures 21 cm x 15 cm. It should fit in the middle area created by the folds of the card.
- Use the white paper as a guide to cut a piece of colored paper that's the same width. Use a ruler to draw two triangles on the colored paper side by side. Leave a margin at the top above the triangles to create a tab.
- Cut on the lines to cut out the two triangles, leaving them attached by the top tab.
- Fold on the line.
- Fold a piece of wrapping paper in half. Use the ruler to draw a tie onto the back of the paper, leaving a margin at the top to create a tab.
- Cut the tie out following the lines. You should have two ties.
- Apply glue to the backside of one tie.
- Place the back sides of the ties together to create one double-sided tie.
- Fold the margin following the line.
- Add glue to the tab on the triangle piece. Glue it to the card. The triangles should be above the card.
- Add glue to the tab of the tie piece. Place it in the middle of the triangle piece, so the tie is between the triangles.
- Add glue to the middle area of the card, and place the white paper there. It should cover the glued tabs on the triangles and tie piece.
- Use colored pencils or markers to create your Father's Day message. In addition to Happy Father's Day, decorate with flowers, balloons, hearts, or anything you think Dad would like.
- Fold the card by bringing the outer edges in on the fold. Then fold down the triangles and tie.
- Add glue to the triangles so they will stay in place until the card is opened. You've created a Father's Day card that looks like a shirt and tie!