How Make A Bear With A Wobbly Head (Paper Craft For Kids)
This is a great craft for kids in grades 2 to 5 and is simple to duplicate for individuals, classes and groups.
- 1 Sheet construction paper Any Color
- 1 Marker Black
- 1 Glue Stick
- 1 Ruler
- 1 Scissors
- 1 Pen Or other coloring utensils
- 1 Pair of Googly Eyes
- To start working on your wobbly head bear, cut out two strips from the construction paper. These should be 2.5 cm x 30 cm. If you want them to be even, cut one strip out and use the second as a guide.
- Next, use the glue to stick the two papers together to make a right angle. Do this by matching up the edges after placing a little bit of glue on each sheet of paper. Wait for this to dry before continuing.
- Fold the papers together by folding one forward. Then, cross the other over it by folding it forward as well. Do this until you get an accordion shape. At the end, add a dab of glue to hold the two pieces together.
- Cut out a rectangle from your construction paper. This should be 6 cm x 15 cm. Cut it in half, and then use your pen to draw a "U" shape that touches the top and bottom sides of the square.
- Repeat step number four.
- Once you have the two "U" shapes ready, cut them out with your scissors.
- Stick the "U" shaped pieces onto the accordion. Place the "U" upside down to create legs.
- Make another, smaller accordion out of a single strip of paper that measures 2.5 cm x 5 cm. Fold the paper in half. Then, fold the front in half again towards yourself. Fold the back half down again away from yourself. This makes an accordion.
- Attach the new accordion shape to the front of one "U" shape, so that it rests at the top of the shape when the legs are down.
- With a new square piece of paper that measures 6cm x 7cm, draw a bear's head shape.
- Cut out the bear's face, and then draw on it to create ears, a muzzle, a nose, and a mouth.
- After this, use your glue stick to add adhesive to the back of the googly eyes. Stick them onto the bear's face.
- Now, add glue to the back of the bear's head and push it onto the smaller accordion shape. When attached, the head should rest above the "U" leg shape, so that the bear's head appears to be attached to its body and stands independently.
This easy and amazing craft will get your artistic mind going! Follow step by step and it shouldn’t take long for you to have your wobbly head bear!