Otter coloring pages are a great way to spend time with your kids and create memories. They are also a perfect gift for adults who enjoy coloring.
Welcome to our collection of free OTTER coloring pages. Click the otter pictures or illustrations you like and you’ll be taken to the PDF download and/or print page. Every otter coloring page is a printable PDF and/or can be downloaded.
Fun Facts About Otters for Kids?
What’s up, guys and gals? What’s the only mammal that can live on land and in water? Find out from the following fascinating facts.
- Otters are aquatic mammals that live in the water. They have a sleek, streamlined body with a long tail. They have a thick layer of fur, which helps them stay warm in cold water.
- Otters are playful creatures, and they enjoy playing with objects that they find in their environment. They also use their paws to catch prey and eat fish or crustaceans, like crabs and shrimp.
- They love to play with each other and are curious animals. They can be found in rivers, lakes, and the ocean.
- Otters have whiskers on their faces, and their tails can be as long as their bodies!
- Otters are the only mammals that can live in water and on land.
- Otters are the second smallest marine mammal in the world.
- The word otter is derived from the German word “otter,” which means “water animal.”Otters spend most of their time in the water, but they come out to dry off and warm up on land.
What kind of food do otters eat?
The otter is a semi-aquatic mammal, so it needs to eat different types of food than the average land animal. Otters eat a high-fat and protein diet since they require more energy to keep their bodies warm in cold water. Otters are carnivores, so they consume fish, crayfish, crabs, urchins, and clams as part of their diet.
What is the otter’s family like?
Otters look like they are all alone in the world, but they have a family in reality! There is a mommy otter, a daddy otter, and a baby otter. Otter families live together in dens and spend their time playing or foraging for food.
Is it possible to keep otters as pets?
Otters are not typically kept as pets. Their diet is quite challenging to maintain, and they cannot be tamed. They do not make good pets because they will likely attack any human who approaches them or invade a nearby property for food if they have the opportunity to do so.
What are the different kinds of otters?
There are 13 species of otters. The most well-known are the sea otter and the river otter. They live in different habitats and eat other things, but they all have one thing in common: a thick coat of fur that keeps them warm. Otters have a thick layer of fur that protects them from the cold water. They also have webbed feet that help them to swim.