Finding fun ways to cut down on screen time can feel challenging. Experts agree, though, that it is definitely important for kids to have limited amounts of screen time. This is even more important now because many children are required to use screens as part of their education as well. If your child is already spending a great deal of time on a screen for school, you will want to help them find alternative ways to have fun beyond the screen.
Coloring is a great way to encourage young children to spend less time on technology. These Yoshi coloring pages could be helpful. Keep reading to learn more about how to help your child cut down on screen time and engage in other creative outlets.
Welcome to our collection of free YOSHI coloring pages. Click the Yoshi pictures or illustrations you like and you’ll be taken to the PDF download and/or print page. Every coloring page is a printable PDF and/or can be downloaded.
More Cartoons coloring collections: Peppa Pig Coloring Pages | Paw Patrol Coloring Pages | Cinderella Coloring Pages | Princess Coloring Pages | Zombies Coloring Pages | Wolverine Coloring Pages | Peter Pan Coloring Pages |
Yoshi is a fun character that makes an appearance in Mario video games. If your child loves video games, coloring pages featuring video game characters could help you engage your child and cut down on screen time.
How Can I Make Coloring More Engaging?
If your child has grown accustomed to spending a lot of time on screens and video games for their entertainment, you may find it challenging at first to get them to engage in other activities. Although this can feel challenging at first, the important thing to remember is that you need to keep trying. Your child may not respond well the first time or the second or third time, but if you keep trying, eventually your child will catch on to the idea that they can have fun without a screen.
To make coloring more engaging, you can try some of the following tips and tricks.
- Have a coloring contest- This can be a simple coloring contest among the members of your own household, or it can involve other friends and family members. The more the merrier.
- Color with your child- Children love connecting with their parents. If you find that your child struggles with disconnecting from their screens, be sure to interact with them more yourself. When you model to your child how much fun coloring can be, they will be more likely to participate willingly.
- Keep good supplies- Encouraging your child to color will be much easier if there are good-quality art supplies on hand. Coloring is more fun when you have a variety of colors that you can really get creative with.
Other Screen-Free Options
In addition to using these Yoshi coloring pages, there are other creative ideas that could help your child get off the screen and entertain themselves in more creative ways.
- Build a Yoshi model- You can use different types of material to build a Yoshi model or sculpture. Playdough, modeling clay, or even paper mache if you really want to get creative.
- Paint a Yoshi- After coloring this Yoshi coloring page, your child can try their hand at painting. Again, provide good quality art supplies. Painting is always more fun when you have the right supplies on hand.
- Live-Action Role-Play- If your child really loves video game characters, you can encourage some screen-free time by helping them get involved with Live-Action Role-Playing groups in your community. These are video game enthusiasts who create costumes like their favorite characters and then have meet-ups to play pretend. This is a great way to help your child spend time with what they love, minus the screen.
It is important for kids to have screen-free time each day so that they can pursue other interests and give their eyes and brains a rest from technology. Coloring is a great way to establish some screen-free fun each day.