Toru Iwatani is a Japanese game creator who developed Pac-Man. It’s a maze arcade game introduced in 1980 by the Midway in the U.S. Pac-Man became more popular than Space Invaders and Asteroids.
Welcome to our collection of free PACMAN coloring pages. Click the pacman pictures or illustrations you like and you’ll be taken to the PDF download and/or print page. Every pacman coloring page is a printable PDF and/or can be downloaded.
More Toys coloring collections: LEGO Coloring Pages | Pokemon Coloring Pages | Ninjago Coloring Pages | Ninja Turtles Coloring Pages | Ballerina Coloring Pages | Barbie Coloring Pages | Robot Coloring Pages | Skeleton Coloring Pages |
Fun Facts About Pac-Man for Kids
Today, I’ll talk about the exciting facts about Pac-Man. Get ready. Go.
How it works
Pac-Man looks like a yellow circle without one piece shaped like a pie. The gap represents the mouth. You control the Pac-Man figure who eats Pac-dots during the game while moving through the maze. Pac-Man can only go to the next level if he swallows all the screen dots. But if his enemies, such as Blinky, Clyde, Pinky, or Inly, touch Pac-Man, he loses part of his life.
Here are more incredible facts about Pac-Man.
- What was the original name of Pac-Man? Puck-Man, which means chomp or ‘paku’ in Japanese. But Puck sounded the same as the four-letter English word. As a result, the name became Pac-Man.
- Around the 80s, Pac-Man was one of the most well-known games. It became the most-watched video game, as well.
- Previously, a player could get the top score when they reached the highest points at every level. They had to obtain 3,333,360 points. Billy Mitchell achieved the maximum score in 1999 after playing for six hours. He was a pro-gamer.
- Pac-Man has ghost names you must avoid. Clyde (random behavior), Inky (ambushes), Blinky (predictable), and Pinky (predictable).
- Pac-Man received an award from the Guinness Book of World Records in 2005 for the Most Successful Coin-Operated Game.
- Do you know why Toru Iwatani developed Pac-Man? He wanted a lot of female video game and arcade players to participate.
- What do you think inspired Pac-Man’s design? Some people say a pizza with a missing slice.
- There was a Pac-Man cartoon that was unsuccessful.
- Some movies have featured Pac-Man, such as Tron. Even some video games, like Mortal Kombat, have once included Pac-Man.
- David Rice was the 6th person to play Pac-Man with success in 3 hours, 33 minutes, and about 12 seconds.
- Two MIT students created Ms. Pac-Man to compete with Pac-Man. It was unlawful because they used someone’s idea to create a similar game. Later, they named it Crazy Otto but ended up selling it to Namco to avoid being dragged to court.
- Even today, the Pac-Man icon is placed on things like mugs, shoes, or t-shirts.
- Initially, the game designer thought Pac-Man would swallow giant cookies as pellets.
- You can win extra points when you come across objects and fruit. Key-5000 pts; Bell 3000 pts; Galaxian -2000 pts; Melon 1000; Apple-700 pts; Orange-500 pts; Strawbery- 200 pts; and Chery -100 pts.
Free Printable Pac-Man Coloring Pages
Now that you’ve got an idea about how to play Pac-Man, here’s a brilliant collection of Pac-Man coloring pages. Kids would have lots of fun with their favorite video game. Even children with cognitive disabilities can benefit from working on Pacman coloring pages.
Teachers can use Pac-Man coloring pages to improve color recognition. The graphics are a fun way of lessening distractions when kids are learning. That’s because the coloring pages have different Pac-Man characters familiar with the children.