How to Make a Pink Flamingo Birthday Card (Paper Craft for Kids)
Step-by-step instructions for making a fun pink flamingo birthday card (or card for any occasion).
- 2 Pieces Pink Paper
- 1 Piece Yellow Paper
- 1 Glue Stick
- 1 Pencil
- 1 Pair Scissors
- 1 Marker
- Take pink piece of paper and fold it in half.
- Trace your hand on the pink piece of paper. Do so in a way so that the thumb is up against the folded side of the paper.
- Cut out the hand but do not cut around the outer side of the thumb. You want it so when cut out, the hand folds open and closed.
- Take the other piece of pink paper and draw the shape as shown. This will be the head and neck of the flamingo.
- Cut out the head and neck.
- IMPORTANT: The fold side of the hand is at the top so that the card wil open upward. Glue the head and neck to the body as shown.
- Draw the beak on a yellow piece of paper as shown.
- Cut out beak.
- Glue beak to the head.
- Draw the eye with marker or some other coloring option. A simple round circle will do.
- On the second piece of pink paper, draw a long thin rectangle. Cut it out and glue to the bottom of the body as shown.
- Draw and cut out a similar length second leg. Fold it and glue to the flamingo body as shown.
- Write your birthday message on the inside of the card. Note, you can use this card for any occassion… not just birthdays.
- You're done.
This flamingo card can be used for birthdays or any occassion. It’s actually a very simple, clever way to create a realistic-looking flamingo. This craft is good for kids from 4 to 9 years old. Younger kids might need some help, depending on how adept they are at cutting and following instructions.