How to Make a Pink Flamingo Birthday Card (Paper Craft for Kids)
Step-by-step instructions for making a fun pink flamingo birthday card (or card for any occasion).
- 2 Pieces Pink Paper
- 1 Piece Yellow Paper
- 1 Glue Stick
- 1 Pencil
- 1 Pair Scissors
- 1 Marker
- Take pink piece of paper and fold it in half.
- Trace your hand on the pink piece of paper. Do so in a way so that the thumb is up against the folded side of the paper.
- Cut out the hand but do not cut around the outer side of the thumb. You want it so when cut out, the hand folds open and closed.
- Take the other piece of pink paper and draw the shape as shown. This will be the head and neck of the flamingo.
- Cut out the head and neck.
- IMPORTANT: The fold side of the hand is at the top so that the card wil open upward. Glue the head and neck to the body as shown.
- Draw the beak on a yellow piece of paper as shown.
- Cut out beak.
- Glue beak to the head.
- Draw the eye with marker or some other coloring option. A simple round circle will do.
- On the second piece of pink paper, draw a long thin rectangle. Cut it out and glue to the bottom of the body as shown.
- Draw and cut out a similar length second leg. Fold it and glue to the flamingo body as shown.
- Write your birthday message on the inside of the card. Note, you can use this card for any occassion… not just birthdays.
- You're done.
This flamingo card can be used for birthdays or any occassion. It’s actually a very simple, clever way to create a realistic-looking flamingo. This craft is good for kids from 4 to 9 years old. Younger kids might need some help, depending on how adept they are at cutting and following instructions.
Download for free our fun word search puzzles here.
Download or print our fun maze puzzles here.