Is one of your favorite activities reading? Is your second favorite crafting? Why not combine the two to create a bunny bookmark that will help you save your spot in whatever book you’re reading? These bookmarks are not only cute but are convenient and hold your place by folding into the corners of the pages. This is a great rainy-day crafting activity to do with your friends, and you can use items you should have lying around your house.
How To Craft A “Bunny” Bookmark (For Kids)
- 1 Sheet Paper White
- 1 Pencil
- 1 Marker Black
- 1 Marker Pink
- 1 Pair Scissors
- 1 Craft Glue
- Fold the piece of paper in half lengthwise. Cut the paper in half using the fold as your guide.
- Take one half of the paper and fold one corner up to make a triangle.
- Cut the excess paper so you are left with the folded triangle. Save the paper for later.
- Unfold the paper and refold it into a triangle, creating another fold.
- Fold one corner to the top of the triangle. Do the same with the other corner. You now have a small square.
- Unfold the paper back into a triangle. Fold-down the front half of the triangle from the top to the bottom of the triangle. This creates a pocket.
- Fold the right corner up and under the pocket you just created.
- Do the same to the other corner and set it aside.
- You will now use the piece of paper you saved earlier. Fold this piece of paper in half. With your pencil, draw a bunny ear the length of the paper. Cut out the bunny ear. You will now have two ears.
- Using the pink marker, color in the center of the ear, leaving some white space along the edge.
- Go back to the folded piece of paper. With the folded side down, draw a heart at the tip with the pink marker. Each half of the heart should be on each fold. Now using the black marker, draw in eyes on each fold and whiskers.
- Add a bit of craft glue to the bottom front of each ear. Next, glue the ear to the backside of the pocket behind the eyes.
- Voilà! You now have a bookmark to use while reading your favorite books. Please give it a name and keep it in a safe place when not in use. The great thing about this bunny is that you don't have to remember to feed it!!