Summer is fast approaching, and whether you own a beach house, spend your days traveling to various beaches, or are a camper, there is a beach chair for your child. Let’s look at the different types and models available for kids.
There is a considerable variety of beach chairs. Beach chairs come in various materials and frames. It will depend on the specific need you are looking for, and I am sure that need is covered in this article.
Portability: If you are packing up to go to the beach, a lightweight foldable chair that comes with a bag or shoulder strap so you can carry it, is a must. Plastic or wooden beach chairs will look great on a lakefront home if you own a beach home.
Size: Beach chairs come low to the ground to make it easy for your child to get in and out, but think about growth when purchasing your chair. Children grow rapidly and can quickly grow out of that cute beach chair. So, when buying, think about the seasons it will last.
Sun Canopy: a sun canopy is very nice to have to protect your little one from harmful UV Rays, or you can consider a separate umbrella that can protect your child from the sun.
Added Features: Beach chairs come designed with cup or bottle holders and storage pockets to keep those essential beach items. Infants and young toddlers’ beach chairs come designed with a removable tray and straps to keep your little one secure in the seat.
Color and Patterns: There is a huge variety of colors and patterns on beach chairs. You can find favorite characters or brightly colored chairs. A chair that matches your child’s personality will always be a winner.
Portable Beach Chairs
When looking for a portable beach chair, you will want a foldable lightweight metal frame and a sturdy material. Consider if it has a sack to put it in or a shoulder strap to make it easy to carry the beach chair. Also, note any pinch points in the chair for your child’s safety.
Portable 5-Position Folding Chair
This chair is a fun chair that comes in a variety of colors. It has five positions. It can be used as a regular chair or lying down on the beach. It comes with a strap for easy carrying and lays flat so that you can stack multiple chairs together.
- It comes in multiple colors.
- It is built tough to handle a lot.
- It has a weight capacity of 260 pounds, so even an adult can use it.
- It has a lower price if you buy more than two chairs.
- It has no legs, so you can get very sandy on the beach.
- It can feel big for a small child.
Kids Wavy Marlin Backpack Beach Chair
Source: Tommy Bahama
This chair has a low profile and lots of roomy storage for your kid’s essentials. It also lays flat, so your sleepy child can rest on the beach. The chair also has padded backpack straps and a rubber handle, making it easy for older children to carry it themselves. It has wooden armrests and a pillow headrest for your child’s comfort.
- Lots of space
- A weight capacity of 100 pounds, so your child can grow and use it for a long time.
- Padded handles for easy carrying and a folding design.
- It will probably feel big for a small child.
- A long-legged child would feel low to the ground.
- It only comes in one color – a dark blue.
Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Flex Octopus Folding Beach Chair For Kids
This chair is an adorable chair for kids four and up. It is designed with children in mind. It includes safety locks to keep it open and folds down to a small size that fits in a bag. It also has a cup holder to fit your child’s favorite beverage.
- It has a storage bag with a carrying strap.
- Vibrant colors that your young child will love.
- It has plastic feet, so it is suitable for the house or at the beach.
- It does not say a weight limit, though I am sure the chair has one.
- The colors and characters are adorable, but an older child may disagree.
- Though cute, it appears it could lack sturdiness.
Stationary Beach Chairs
When purchasing a stationary beach chair, you will want to look at weathering abilities, as it will be left outside. It is also good to look at the size, folding, or stacking ability if you plan to store it inside during the winter months. There are so many cute designs that I am sure you will find a stationary beach chair that you love.
Merry Garden Kids Foldable Wooden Adirondack Chair Unfinished
This Adirondack chair is excellent for the beach home or area where you won’t be moving the chair a lot and can be painted your child’s favorite color or stained to match your home.
- It is a sturdy chair.
- It can be customized to the color you want.
- It comes as a kit, so assembly and painting are required. Possibly some sanding is also needed.
- It does not fold down but needs to be taken apart, so it won’t be easy if it needs to be stored in the winter.
An absolutely adorable kid-sized lounge chair; it would make a great addition to a beachfront home on those warm relaxing days. It has an umbrella to protect your little one from harmful UV rays.
- Absolutely adorable with sturdy blue and white fabric to keep your little one comfortable.
- The umbrella opens or closes on the chair and can be removed.
- An armrest for added comfort.
- It is not easily stored.
- It should be covered to make it last longer. The cover is not included.
- It may need additional painting because it is wood and will fade over time.
Ehomexpert Kid’s Adirondack Chair
This chair is a durable, miniature Adirondack chair made of HDPE. This material resists cracks, fading, and doesn’t splinter. A couple of these on your beachfront home will surely delight all of your little children.
- It is made of tough material, so long-lasting.
- Easy to maintain; wash with soap and water.
- Comfortable design
- Some assembly is required. However, it appears to be easy.
- If you want to store it, you need space.
- You might need a separate small table for your child’s beverages.
Kids Camping and Beach Chairs
A camp and beach chair can be used in front of your camper or tent, around the campfire, or at the beach. These chairs should be easy to pack up and go wherever you decide to or can be stationary if needed.
Coleman Kids Quad Chair
This great little chair is ideal for the beach, by the campfire, or wherever. It has a locking frame and lower seat to add stability to the chair, as great as a multi-purpose chair.
- It is a sturdy chair that supports up to 160 pounds.
- It has a cute design that glows in the dark – perfect for dark camping nights.
- It has a cup holder and a carry bag with a strap.
- Even though they go up to 160 pounds, they are more suitable for a younger child.
- They flip fairly easily with a squirmy child.
Toddler Personalized Pink Folding Camp Chair
Source: Personalization Mall
This chair design is for 2 to 4-years-old, up to 66 pounds. This chair will thrill your child with the added personalization. It comes in pink and blue and is perfect for the campsite and easy to put in its carry bag and take it down to the beach.
- A sturdy chair with a safety latch to protect your child.
- It is personalized – a cute added feature.
- It has a cup holder for your child’s beverages or a water bottle.
- If this is your only or last child, it’s perfect. If you plan to hand it down, personalization makes it difficult.
- It is an imported item.
JOYIN Outdoor Butterfly Picnic Chair
This is such an adorable chair for your toddler. While I am showing the cute butterfly, they also make a roaring dinosaur. It is an easy chair to get from the campsite to the beach.
- It is a cute design for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Easily moved from campsite to beach. It folds easily and has a storage bag.
- It has a cup holder.
- Size states for 3 to 10-year-olds, probably best suited for the smaller sized ten-year-old or about 3 to 8-year-olds.
- While cute, it has a flimsy appearance, so it may not last a long time.
Infant and Toddler Beach chairs
With an infant and toddler chair, you will want one that cleans easily, can grow with your child, and has straps to secure the child to the chair. Of course, we want to make this chair very portable; with an infant and a toddler, your arms are already full, just managing them.
This chair is perfect for keeping your little one off the sand and comes in a variety of colors to suit your child’s taste. It has a clever grow with me design that even has leg holes for the child learning to stand. It goes from about three months to 75 pounds.
- Great grow with me design that includes a tray for the younger child and a cup holder for the older child.
- It comes in a variety of colors: camo, grey, green, pink and blue.
- It has a five-point removable harness to keep your baby safe.
- It is a little bit bulky but folds down and stores in a shoulder bag.
- I really had a hard time finding what I did not like about this chair.
Travel Booster Seat with Tray for Baby
A low-on-ground chair includes a tray to help keep your infant/toddler entertained. It comes in several colors and has a three-point safety harness.
- A truly portable chair – with multiple uses.
- The first removable and machine washable cover that I found.
- It has a wide base for stability.
- Rated for infants to three, I would be hesitant to put a three-year-old in this chair due to its size.
- Even though it has a stable base, it is so low that an older child could push off the ground and possibly tip the chair – so supervise closely when using it.
- No shade or canopy is included, so you will have to bring something to shade your baby from harmful UV rays.
ciao! baby Portable High Chair for Babies and Toddlers
This chair keeps your infant or toddler high off the sand. It is a high-chair that can be utilized anywhere, including your campsite or the beach. It is highly rated, has a five-point safety harness and a tray.
- It comes in various colors – black, red, blue, purple, pink, and grey.
- Slim and foldable – it includes a carry bag with a strap.
- It has an easily cleaned tray with a cup holder.
- You can purchase an attachable umbrella for shade – this is an additional purchase, though.
- It would be difficult for a walking toddler to sit in – you will have to pick them up and put them into the chair.
- The tray is cloth covered with vinyl for foldability but maybe not be sturdy.
- With a heavier child, the child’s weight makes the tray slant toward the child, making some messy eating.
Sun Canopy Beach Chairs
Kid’s Blue Beach Chair & Personalized Umbrella Set by Stephen Joseph
Source: Personalization Mall
This chair is a truly individualized beach chair. It can be personalized with your child’s name on it and is designed for 2 to 5-year olds.
- The chair is individualized with the child’s name.
- Supports up to 66 pounds
- It has a safety lock to keep it open.
- Easy to spot clean
- The umbrella can close when not in use.
- It does not appear to have a sack or handle for easy carrying.
- Only come in the color blue.
- Personalization makes it difficult to hand down to the next child when your child grows out of the chair.
- The umbrella is not adjustable – it is only opened or closed.
Quik Shade Adjustable Pink Canopy Folding Kid’s Chair
This chair is an excellent option when relaxing at the beach, and too much sun is a concern. It has a large canopy that will keep your child protected. It is solid colored and comes in either pink or blue. According to their website, it was suitable for kids under 150 pounds.
- It has a large adjustable canopy to protect your child from harmful UV rays.
- It folds down and has a storage bag with a shoulder strap.
- It has a beverage holder.
- Even though it has a high weight rating, it would be a squeeze to get into for most kids over ten years old.
- The canopy is not removable for other uses.