Cribs are lifesavers for parents. If you ask new fathers like me, they would tell you that cribs are the best inventions of humankind. And rightly so, because managing a newborn can get as complicated as studying rocket science.
It's time to grab those amazing deals and discounts that you've been waiting for!
Free shipping with Prime Membership.
Try Prime free for 30 days
Every parent looks for the best crib for their child. I even resorted to building one on my own to meet the specific requirements. Now imagine the dilemma if you have to find the best cribs for twins. As if finding one wasn’t a complex task enough.
Looking for the best baby bed for twins can get overwhelming, thanks to the wide range of options available, with tons of features to choose from. As much as it is a blessing, things usually tend to get logistically complicated with the arrival of twins in the family.
Cribs can turn out to be the most expensive baby items in your children’s bedroom. Cribs for twins can help in conserving space and at the same time give your forever best buddies their much-loved beauty sleep.
If you are a new father to a beautiful pair of little angels like me and are worried about having the best cribs for twins, then stop worrying as you are at the right place. After much research, I’m here to help you with a list of the best baby beds for twins so that your children can have the most comfortable sleep, and so can you.
Top 9 Cribs For Twins
You have to consider many things before buying cribs for twins, like size, style, safety, and the most important, cost. Being a new parent, finding time to look for the perfect crib for twins can be next to impossible.
To aid you in this blissful and vital time, I have come up with the perfect guide for helping you buy the best baby beds for twins so that your little angels can sleep in peace. Here is my list of the top 9 best cribs for twins available in the market:-
1. Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Bassinet
Pack ’n’ Play has designed this Portable Playard with Twins Bassinet keeping in mind the comfort and convenience of you and your children. The new additions to the design give you unparalleled convenience and ease.
It comes with removable quilt mattresses inside that keep your babies warm and allow them to have a beauty nap. When you feel like traveling, squeeze the latch and pack the crib in the bag. With a lightweight design, this crib is essential in your baby’s room.
- Spacious play yard with twin quilted bassinets
- Removable bassinet for an easy transition into a portable playpen
- Quilted mattress pad for comfort
- Made of metal and plastic
- Carry bag included for fuss-free travel and easy storage
- Weight — 29 Pounds; height — 35 Inches
- Perfect size for newborns
- Lightweight design
- Easy to store and carry
- Both the bassinets share the same bottom and hence can’t be removed one at a time.
- The mattress doesn’t quite reach the edge of the Pack ‘n’ Play on either side.
2. The Bed City Sleeper Simmons Kids Bassinet
Let your twins enjoy their naps in these twin bassinet sleepers from Delta Children Store. With an advanced hands-free operation, you can silently glide the crib at the push of a button. The soft twinkling lights and soothing sounds are perfect for making your twins fall asleep.
The wheels at the bottom make it quite convenient to move the crib. It comes with a removable canopy that helps block the lights that might disturb your children’s nap. The basket storage at the bottom is enough to store all the baby essentials. The modern z-design is perfect for all new mothers.
- Modern z-shaped frame with wheels
- Sturdy, adjustable base with five height levels
- Mesh sides for a clear view and airflow
- Storage pockets
- Silent, hands-free auto glide motion at the push of a button
- It plays soothing sounds and has a soft-glow nightlight and twinkle lights
- Removable and adjustable canopy for blocking light
- Fitted sheet and water-resistant foam mattress pad
- JPMA certified and meets or exceeds all ASTM standards
- Easy to assemble
- Moving around is quite convenient with the wheels
- Saves a lot of space
- Value for money
- The mesh on the sides might cause minor bruises on your babies’ bodies if they rub against it too often.
- It might not be as sturdy as expected.
3. DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib – Espresso
Give your infants a safe and healthy environment to sleep, grow, play with DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib. It comes with four different mattress positions to suit your babies as they begin to sit, crawl, and stand.
Made of sustainable pine wood, the high-quality crib is built to last long and be a savior for your babies till they become toddlers. Scientifically tested for being free of harmful chemicals and emissions, this crib is the ideal sleeping place for your twins.
- 100% solid sustainable New Zealand pine wood-only
- Scientifically tested for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs
- Four adjustable mattress positions
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified crib
- Contributes to a healthier and cleaner environment
- Incredibly safe for the babies
- Sturdy and durable
- Zero fumes and emissions
- It can be quite a tedious task to assemble this crib.
- The babies might get their feet stuck in the gaps between the wood.
4. Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib – White
Say goodbye to old crib designs and get this versatile modern crib from Babyletto to let your little angels have the most impressive and peaceful naps. The iconic design fits perfectly in your nursery while saving a lot of space.
The Hudson has cleared a plethora of scientific tests to become Greenguard Gold certified for safety and health. It contributes towards a better environment. It can easily be converted from a toddler bed to a daybed, making your life as a parent much more manageable.
- 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Solid New Zealand pine wood construction
- Versatile modern design
- Adjustable height
- Sustainable design
- Hidden hardware for a clean look
- Greenguard Gold certified
- Sturdy and durable
- Modern and versatile design
- Adjustable mattress
- Value for money
- The assembly might take a lot of time, even with two people.
- The wood can get splintered, dented, or scratched easily if not maintained properly.
5. Delta Children Lancaster 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib – Bianca White
Get multiple benefits from a single crib with Delta Children Lancaster 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib. It can be easily converted into a toddler bed, a daybed, and a full-sized bed to suit your needs.
The solid pine wood construction creates a safe environment for your children’s nap so that they can sleep peacefully and have the sweetest dreams. With high safety standards and versatility, this is one of the best cribs for twins in the market.
- 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib – Converts into a daybed, toddler bed, and full-sized bed
- Rolled arms with a decorative rosette accent and sleigh-style silhouette for this classic crib
- Strong and sturdy Solid Pine wood construction
- Three-position mattress height adjustment
- JPMA certified, which means it meets all safety standards put down by the CPSC & ASTM
- Great quality
- Aesthetic looks
- Simple yet stylish design
- Sturdy and durable
- The instructions to assemble the crib can be quite difficult to understand.
- The additional arm kits are sold separately for converting the crib.
6. Joovy Room2 Twin Nursery Center
Keep your twins safe and let them have the best sleep with Joovy Room2 Twin Nursery Center. The large bassinet is easy to install and can hold both your newborns comfortably with ample room for movement.
The central divider is removable and gives a separate napping space to both your kids. All the fabric material on this crib is machine-washable, making your life easier. With an attached changing table, this crib is all you need to let your newborns have their lovely sleep.
- Bassinet and changing table
- Removable center divider
- Water-resistant surface is easy to clean
- 100% machine washable fabrics
- Suitable for babies up to 25 Pounds
- Lightweight design
- Saves space inside the room
- Easy to carry and store
- Sturdy and durable
- The changing station is quite heavy, and it might get tricky to attach and detach it.
- It is a bit pricey as compared to other similar products in the market.
7. Baby Trend Twin Nursery Center – Circle Tech
Rock your babies to beauty sleep with the Baby Trend Twin Nursery Center. This crib is unique in that you can easily convert it into a stand-alone rocker. The removable bassinet has a canopy and a carry handle for making portability easy.
It also comes with a parent organizer so that you can keep your things safely and adequately. All the fabrics are machine-washable. With large wheels and brakes, you can push this crib for twins into all corners of the house and let your babies sleep.
- Two removable rock-a-bye bassinet
- Converts to a stand-alone rocker
- The bassinet comes with a canopy and carry-handle
- 100% machine washable plush fabrics
- Mesh sides for proper ventilation
- Electronic music center with volume control, nightlight, and vibration
- One-hand locking mechanism with large wheels and brakes
- Flip away changing table
- Deluxe parent organizer
- Slim bassinets
- Easy storage and portability
- High-quality materials
- Convenient to move around with the wheels
- Easy to keep clean
- The assembly of the crib can take a lot of time.
- You can only place the changing table by removing one of the bassinets, which is quite inconvenient.
8. Dream On Me Addison 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib – White
Let your twins have the sweetest dreams in Dream On Me Addison 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib. With four conversion options, keep pace with your children’s requirements while they sleep, play, and grow.
The minimalist modern design has smooth arches and sturdy spade feet to give it a more contemporary look.
The stylish design blends in any decor. It can take a lot of weight, so you don’t have to worry about finding a new bed for your kids anytime soon.
- 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib — converts into a mini crib, mini daybed, and twin-size bed
- Built of New Zealand pine wood
- Minimalist design with gentle, smooth arches and sturdy spade feet
- Beautiful non-toxic baby-safe finish
- 3-position adjustable mattress height setting
- 1″ OEM Mattress pad
- Meets and exceeds applicable ASTM and CPSC standards
- Aesthetic looks
- Perfect for small spaces
- High-quality wood
- Value for money
- The assembly can be a tedious task.
- Your children’s legs might get stuck in the side slats.
9. Delta Children Folding Portable Mini Baby Crib – White
If you have a small nursery or compact space for your twins’ cribs, don’t worry, as we have got you covered. Delta Children Folding Portable Mini Baby Crib folds flat, making it easy to store and travel around with.
The solid and sturdy wooden construction lasts long and keeps your babies safe and secure. The crib grows with your children, thanks to the mattress height adjustment. Tested for lead and other toxic chemicals, this crib is entirely safe as Delta Children puts your babies’ health and safety first.
- Strong and sturdy wood construction
- 2-position mattress height adjustment
- Folds flat for easy travel and storage
- No toxic elements
- Wheels for easy movement
- JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM
- Saves a lot of space with the compact design
- Easy to adjust the mattress height
- Wheels ensure comfortable movement around the house
- The foldable design allows you to take the crib with you when you travel
- The assembly can take a lot of time as it is not a straightforward process.
- Even after being free of toxic chemicals, you might observe a slight chemical smell when you first open it.
Factors To Consider Before Buying A Crib For Twins
As beautiful as the feeling of being parents to angelic twin kids, finding the perfect crib for twins is an equally difficult task. There are a plethora of styles, designs, sizes, and materials to choose from.
So that you can peacefully enjoy the blissful first months with your kids, I have listed a few things that I considered which might help you in buying the best baby beds for twins. Here are a few factors that you must not ignore while searching for the best crib for twins:-
1. Number Of Beds
Just because I have twins doesn’t mean that I need to have two separate beds. Newborn babies are too small and don’t move around much. This gives an option of having a standard crib and maybe an additional bassinet for the first few weeks. You can think about changing as and when you feel necessary.
2. Size And Style
Cribs come in a variety of sizes. From compact to huge and modern to classic, size and style are important considerations when shopping for the best baby beds for twins. It all depends on your taste, home decor, and space. If you have a small nursery of compact space for the beds, you can look for foldable cribs as well.
3. Safety Guidelines
Safety is a crucial aspect when looking for any baby product. It is essential to look at the safety guidelines before buying any crib. Make sure that they have sufficient protection on the sides and corners to keep your babies from falling. Also, make sure that the material used is free of toxic elements.
Cribs come in many styles and designs. From standard ones to convertible options, the market is huge. Even when looking for the perfect crib for twins, make sure to look at all the options before picking the best crib for twins.
Cribs are probably going to be the most expensive item in your babies’ nursery. Still, considering your budget is essential. I, for one, wouldn’t want to go overboard with one baby item just to compromise on all others.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I Need Separate Beds For My Twins?
A single crib would do in the beginning. Newborn babies can’t move much in the beginning and it takes time for them to develop movements. You can think about making a switch after they start rolling and bumping into each other.
2. Why Do Twins Need To Sleep Together?
Studies have revealed that twins sleep better when they are co-bedded or lie side-by-side. Some results show that when twins sleep together, they gain weight appropriately and have fewer episodes of apnea and bradycardia. They also keep each other toasty.
3. How Long Should I Put My Babies In A Crib?
Generally, cribs are used for the first 24 months of a child’s life. However, it might vary from baby to baby. A good way to judge when it’s time to shift to bigger beds is by noticing if your little one is too big for the crib. Also, if your babies start climbing out of the crib with minimal effort, it is time to get bigger beds for them.